Storytelling – Take a short discovery morning stroll on a rustic isle. Stop at our four story telling stations to discover the mythical beginnings of Pulau Ubin, Pulau Ketam and Pulau Sekudu through wildlife stories inspired by local legends.
Tree Planting – Shape Ubin’s future by planting trees to create a forest for wildlife!
Note: This is not a guided nature walk, it is a first-of-a-kind interactive storytelling and tree-planting activity.
Date: Sat 12 Sep 2020
Venue: Pulau Ubin
Start Time: 9.30am to 10.50am
Duration: Approximately 1.5hrs to 2hrs (30mins for tree-planting)
Suitable for: Families with children 6yrs to 11yrs. Minimum age is 6yrs, no toddlers and babies are allowed.
Open to: Registered Groups only, no walk-ins will be permitted.
$50 per Group of 5 persons or less. Fees paid are strictly non-refundable. Payment details will be provided upon receipt of email.
Max. of 5 persons per registered Group. Each Group must have minimum one adult. Groups that turn up with more than 5 persons will not be permitted to participate and fees paid will not be refundable.
Registration: Please email us with the following details to register. Please note that slots will be assigned on a first come first served basis. Time slot you would like (see below) Name of principal participant Number of participants in group Number of adults Number of children (with age of children) Contact email Contact phone number – for any last minute changes Emergency contact name with phone number We will only use the contact details for this event and the information will not be stored past the event nor shared with anyone else.
Number of Groups:
Limited to 8 separate groups at staggered arrival timings only. Strictly no intermixing between groups at any time.
Booking Timings: [FULLY SUBSCRIBED]
Group 1 – Start Time 09.30am Group 2 – Start Time 09.40am
Group 3 – Start Time 09.50am
Group 4 – Start time 10.00am
Group 5 – Start time 10.10am
Group 6 – Start time 10.20am
Group 7 – Start time 10.30am
Group 8 – Start time 10.40am
Participants must arrive 5 mins before or sharp on time at Cicada Tree Eco-Place Registration Desk at the Pulau Ubin (Assembly Area) as per registered time slot to avoid delaying other Groups and impacting the event schedule. Groups that arrive late will have their slot cancelled and fees paid will not be refundable.
Terms & Conditions, SafeEntry and Safe Distancing Measures apply:
· This is an outdoor rain or shine event.
· Subject to weather conditions and safety considerations, the event may be delayed or cancelled.
· Due to Covid-19, SafeEntry and Safe Distancing Measures apply.
· Participants must check-in and complete SafeEntry at the Cicada Tree Eco-Place Registration Desk upon arrival.
· Participants who are feeling unwell or have flu-like symptoms must not participate.
· Participants who have travelled outside Singapore in previous 14 days (from 1 Sep 2020), or have been placed on Stay Home Order, must not participate.
· Participants must arrive sharp on time as per registered time slot to avoid delaying other Groups and impacting the event schedule. Groups that arrive late will have their slot cancelled and fees paid will not be refundable.
· Participants (adults and children) must wear face masks during the walk and thoughout the event.
· Participants must observe safe distancing of 3m between the storytellers and other Groups.
· Participants must not intermix with other groups and must not congregate with other groups at any time during the event.
· Upon completing the tree-planting or when time slot is up, Participants must depart from the tree-planting site as directed by the crew and staff, and must not linger within the site.